Islamic Articles Collection

Friday, January 27, 2012

What Did I DO TODAY ?


Author: xmuslimahx


Every day and every night


I think about the day, so bright.


Did I do good or did I do bad?


Did I ever make anyone mad?




I think about the deeds I have done,


Did I just spend the day having fun?


Did I do anything to please Allah,


Anything like praying salah?




Did I pray Qur'an or give a helping hand,


To anyone in this humongous land?


Did I do dhikr, remembering my lord?


Or did I just stay sitting, looking out of the window bored?




Good deeds, bad deeds, which did I do today?


Or is the record I have the same everyday?


Did I visit the sick, give them some company?


Or did I only think about me me me?




Maybe I should think, just for a minute or two,


Did I do just one good deed, even if it's nothing new?


Just one good deed to please Allah


To make it my entry to Jannah.

No comments: